Ayers Rock is located in central Australia in the Northern Territory.
Surveyor William Gosse sighted the rock in 1873 on July 19.
He named it Ayers Rock n honour of the then-Chief Secretary of South Australia, Sir Henry Ayers.
The local Pitjantjatjara people called the landmark, Uluru. During 1993, a dual official naming policy was adopted that allowed both the English name Ayers Rock or Uluru.
The Ayers Rock sandstone formation stands 348 m (1,142 ft) high (863 m/2,831 ft above sea level).
Paralumun New Age Village